Sean and I were back in Minnesota last weekend. We'd planned this trip even before we knew I was pregnant, but it ended up being a perfect time to share the news in person. The point of the trip was to surprise Megan on her 16th birthday. Pretty much everyone except Megan knew about our trip, so it's pretty amazing that she didn't find out. David was able to come home for a few hours on Saturday, too, so the whole family was together for the first time since last Christmas. It worked out really well to have both sides (Allen and Dolejs) together for Megan's birthday so that we could spill the beans at one time. Bonus that my friends Carin and Brady and BFF Isabel could be there, too!
David and Megan pulled me aside and told me their plan of telling the baby news during the game of Catch Phrase. Dave ignored the actual word on the Catch Phrase disk thing and said, "It takes about 9 months, it's really exciting..." and everyone started yelling "Pregnancy!" "Baby!" "Expecting!" and Megan says, "Patty and Sean are having a baby!" There was this hilarious pause while everyone was wondering if they got the point before the time ran out and if what they heard was right, so I let them all know that we are, in fact, expecting a baby. I was relieved to get the news out there all at once, and especially thankful to Dave and Meg for being the announcers! I hate all that attention at once! We gave Bet and Mark the go-ahead to pass the news on to their families. Bet has been bursting at the seams since she found out, so I was happy to let her be the messenger.
Although I felt great almost the entire time I was back home, I was extremely tired last night after work and couldn't bring myself to move off of the couch. Lucky for me, my husband is a total rockstar. He put in The Sandlot DVD, made me avocado and egg breakfast sandwiches for dinner, and let me whine and complain to him all night. I'm really ready for this lack of energy thing to pass... I'd like to get back into the pool at the Y, or at least have enough energy to go for a walk at the end of the workday!
No comments:
Post a Comment