Happy New Year! Sean and I had the most relaxing, wonderful 12 days in Minnesota over Christmas break. I think we did a little better job this year of scaling down on the events and having a few days where we did almost nothing at all. It was glorious. Baby Capkin made his/her presence known during the trip, mainly by the extreme highs and lows I was experiencing hormonally. Crying in church happened on more than one occasion, I'd find myself laughing hysterically over the most menial thing, and one day I just needed a "re-start" and I went back to bed and woke up feeling more like myself. Thanks for that little rollercoaster ride, baby! I also started feeling little kicks on the plane ride back to Philly, and have had a few more this past week... usually right after I sit down from cleaning up the kitchen.
The most amazing parts of our trip home were spending time with some truly awesome moms, my friends Arielle and Carin. Not only did I get to join Arielle, her mom, sisters, and bestie Rachel for a birthday brunch, but later in the week she brought her 1-year-old twins Micah and Toby and 8-year-old Katie over to play. It was so fun to see her kids in action, and to see her doing the whole 'mom' thing with aplomb. She's such a natural; I just hope to find that balance of being laid-back and attentive when it's my turn! Carin and her husband, Brady, just adopted the sweetest, tiniest little linebacker and we were so excited to meet him! Henrik slept through almost all of our visit, but snuggling with him was the absolute best! Again, this was a huge eye-opener to see how our lives are going to be entirely different the moment this little munchkin comes into the world. I don't have any baby bump pictures this week, but here's a couple of me with Baby Capkin's future buddies.

No comments:
Post a Comment